Fully Funded Gates Cambridge University Scholarships 2023 in UK
Are you a student who wishes to study in UK? then worry no more as you have come to the right place as we tell you more about the Gates Cambridge University Scholarships 2023 in UK.
The Gates Cambridge University Scholarships 2023 in the United Kingdom accept students who are leaving outside UK which means international students who want to apply can also do so with ease as they are also eligible.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded (Free) scholarship that will be available for the academic session of 2023–2024.
Students are urged to apply for the most renowned scholarships if they wish to pursue their doctoral or master’s degrees at Cambridge University in the UK.
Students who wish to apply must apply for the course at Cambridge University and choose “Gates Cambridge Scholarship” on the Scholarship Portal. This scholarship is funded by Bill Gates and Melinda Gates. When evaluating applicants, Gates Cambridge has access to the whole admission and grant application.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation established the Gates Cambridge Scholarships in 2000 with a $210 million donation to support outstanding graduate students’ study at the University of Cambridge. The scholarship is one of the most competitive and prestigious in the world, with around 1.3% of applicants receiving an award in recent years.
The gift is the largest single donation to a British university and the University’s most prestigious programme for postgraduate students. Each scholarship covers the cost of a postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge and includes funding for academic and professional development. More than 2000 students from more than 110 countries have received the scholarship and more than 200 Gates Cambridge Scholars are studying at any time.
Each year Bill gates award 80 Full Scholarships Without IELTS in any subject at Cambridge University that covers Flight Tickets, Accommodation, Tuition Fee, Visa, Heal insurance, and everything. This is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. For the Gates Masters Scholarship, the Maximum duration will be for 2 Years whereas for Gates PhD. Scholarship up to 4 Years. Keep Reading below for more details.
Gates Cambridge University Scholarships 2023 in UK for International Students is a Full Free Scholarship. This scholarship will provide the following funds to study in UK:
- University composition fee (varies according to the Graduate program)
- maintenance allowance, £18,744/year
- Economy class return tickets from Home country to UK and from UK to Home country at the end.
- Inbound visa costs
- Immigration Health Surcharge cost.
On the basis of discretionary components, additional funds will be considered for the scholars:
- Academic development funding (£500 to £2,000)
- Family allowance (from £10,944 to £15,612 for 1st and second child)
- Fieldwork allowance for PhD
- Maternity/Paternity funding
- Hardship funding
List of Available Study Fields:
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation scholarship at the University of Cambridge is available for any subject available at the university (Except for few courses). The Cambridge has more than 100 Departments, Faculties, Schools and institutes,
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Clinical Medicine
- School of Technology
- Institutions independent of any School
- Bio logical
- Engineering (All Fields)
- Social Science
- Islamic Studies
Note: You cannot choose the following courses while applying for the Gates Cambridge University Scholarships.
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
You need following document to apply for Gates Cambridge University Scholarship:
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose.
- Research Proposal (for PhD applicants)
- Gates Cambridge Reference
Eligibility Criteria of the Cambridge University Gates Scholarships:
- A citizen of any country
- A citizen of the United Kingdom can not apply
- A candidate can apply in the following programs;
- One year postgraduate course
How Applicants will be selected:
- Departmental ranking
- The deadline to apply for Gates Cambridge University Scholarships for International students is either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023, dependent on the course
- The deadline for the US citizens is 12 October 2022.
Visit Their Website