Ukraine’s Armed Forces injure 150 Russian soldiers in Nova Kakhovka – General Staff
The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has confirmed that the Ukrainian army has injured up to 150 Russian soldiers and destroyed 6 units of weapons and military equipment in Nova Kakhovka (Kherson Oblast).
Source: General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Facebook: information as of 06:00 on 23 October
Details: Additionally, 5 units of weapons and military equipment were destroyed, and approximately 100 soldiers were injured in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. Information about those killed is being confirmed.
It is noted that this refers to information from previous days.
Over the past day, the Russians carried out 32 missile and 25 air strikes, and attacked more than 80 times from MLRS, hitting energy and critical infrastructure facilities in Volyn, Rivne, Kharkiv, Khmelnytskyi, Kirovohrad, Cherkasy, Zaporizhzhia, Odes, and Mykolaiv oblasts. More than half of the cruise missiles and attack drones launched were shot down.
The situation on the Volyn and Polissia fronts remains unchanged. The occupiers carried out attacks on other fronts:
- On the Sivershchyna front: from mortars and tubed artillery; on areas in and around Hudove and Khodyne in Chernihiv Oblast, as well as Seredyna-Buda, Vovkivka, and Yunakivka in Sumy Oblast;
- On the Kupiansk and Lyman fronts: from mortars, tubed and rocket artillery, hitting the areas of Kolodiazne, Kotliarivka, and Kyslivka in Kharkiv Oblast, Stelmakhivka in Luhansk Oblast, and Zarichne and Terny in Donetsk Oblast;
- On the Bakhmut front: from tanks and artillery of different calibres, striking the settlements of Andriivka, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Vesele, Zelenopillia, Klishchiivka, Mayorsk, Kurdiumivka, Ozarianivka, Opytne, Soledar, and Yakovlivka in Donetsk Oblast;
- On the Avdiivka and Zaporizhzhia fronts: from tanks, mortars, tubed and rocket artillery; on areas in and around Avdiivka, Vremivka, Velyka Novosilka, Vuhledar, Novobakhmutivka, and Neskuchne in Donetsk Oblast, as well as Dorozhnianka and Orikhiv in Zaporizhzhia Oblast.
- On the Pivdennyi Buh front: infrastructure facilities in more than 20 cities, towns, and villages near the line of contact came under fire, including Bezimenne, Bilohirka, Davydiv Brid, Novohryhorivka, Novoukrainka, Partyzanske, Pravdyne, and Chervona Dolyna.
The Russian army is not abandoning its attempts to conduct offensive operations on the Bakhmut and Avdiivka fronts.
Over the past day, the Armed Forces of Ukraine have repelled the occupiers’ attacks near the settlements of Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Ivanhrad, Marinka, Soledar, Ozarianivka, and Odradivka in Donetsk Oblast and Bilohorivka in Luhansk Oblast.
Ukrainian aircraft carried out 17 strikes. 15 areas where weapons and military equipment were concentrated, as well as 2 Russian anti-aircraft missile system positions, were hit. Air defence units shot down a Ka-52 helicopter and three Orlan UAVs. Rocket and artillery forces struck three command posts, six areas where manpower, weapons, and military equipment were concentrated and one ammunition storage point, as well as five other targets, including a radar station.